EXPERIENCED BROKERAGE ASSISTAN REQUIRED FOR AN IMMEDIATE START!
This is a brief overview of the key objectives of the job including the context within the team/department.
The Care & Support Brokerage Service arranges and purchases care and support to meet the needs of both children and adults. This includes sourcing, commercial negotiation and arrangement of specialist placements and packages of care as well as use of block contracts, approved provider lists and framework agreements (local and regional).
The main purpose of this role is to identify and arrange person centred, cost-effective care and support to meet the needs of a range of customers.
- Services will be sourced to meet the needs of each adult or child (“right support”).
- Services will be sourced in a timely way (“right time”).
- Services will be cost effective and within the available budget (“right price”)
The post holder will work within an identified portfolio area but may be required to provide cover across the service as required. This is required as part of a whole team approach, to encourage flexibility and creativity and to share knowledge and expertise which can improve customer outcomes.
Core service hours are between 8.30am and 5pm – Monday to Friday (4pm on Friday). The service, however, must respond to seasonal fluctuations in demand (e.g. “Winter pressure”) and to urgent and pressing needs for care (e.g. “same day placements”) and the post holder will respond positively to reasonable management requests to work outside of core service hours to meet increased demand and urgent situations.
Main Purpose of The Job:
- To support Brokerage Officers to source and co-ordinate placements for children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- To undertake administration tasks that promote safe and timely service delivery.
- To implement systems and processes to inform effective use of resources
- To support demand analysis and strategic planning
IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU FIT THE ABOVE CRITERIA AND YOU HAVE LOCAL AUTHORITY EXPERIENCE, APPLY NOW!