EXPERIENCED LGV COMBINED DRIVER REQUIRED FOR AN IMMEDIATE START!
- To drive and be responsible for any allocated vehicle and any authorised passengers. Also to ensure that the vehicle is not overloaded and to safely manoeuvre the vehicle on the daily route.
- To adhere to appropriate driving guidelines – driver daily checks, accident procedure and drivers’ procedures, etc. Adherence to Health and Safety at Work (HASAW) legislation, council health and safety procedures and appropriate codes of practice. This also covers the wearing of appropriate work wear, protective and reflective clothing, safety footwear and other PPE; the safe lifting of heavy objects and ensuring the safety of the public and other council staff where appropriate.
- To observe all vehicle servicing instructions issued and complete all duties involved. This includes, but is not limited to, changing and adjusting brushes, cleaning and adjusting water jets, greasing as required. In the event of a breakdown or fault, to notify the Transport Supervisor and/or the Fleet Management Unit immediately.
- To use safely all equipment, tools, etc provided to perform the relevant function and ensure that they are in good condition at all times.
- To complete daily checks (and daily record sheets, mileage, fuels, defects, etc), hand over procedures and return all required documentation to the Transport Supervisor daily.
- 2 years references
- 1 x proof of NI
- 2 x proof of address
- Passport copy
- Immediate availability
IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU FIT THE ABOVE CRITERIA AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE, APPLY NOW!