Location: Lambeth Town Hall, SW2 1RW
Umbrella rate: £29.00
Main purpose of post
The Parking & Enforcement Service Development Officer will develop the Parking and Enforcement business through the management and delivery of service development projects and initiatives as part of the overall reorganisation and continuous improvement plans. They will contribute to the preparation of the service’s strategic plan and support the implementation of new departmental and service priorities and initiatives ensuring that the departments are effectively and professionally represented and derive maximum benefits through their successful implementation.
The post holder will build customer relationships and attract new business by leading on direct reviews across the Enforcement portfolio, developing new and innovative ways of service delivery, pursuing new service developments in conjunction with peer groups, the private sector and voluntary organisations and identify and promote best practice in service delivery to achieve and maximise business revenue targets.
- To be responsible for progress planning, monitoring and reporting of service development projects, and implementing good practice project change control, required configuration management and quality management (in accordance with the programme governance standards).
- To lead, plan and monitor service development projects including the preparation of project briefs, writing specifications, obtaining quotes and tenders, monitoring project progress and collecting key data, updating of project stage plans, and the development of contingency plans. Manage the production of the required deliverables to achieve the project objectives.
- To take responsible for the day-to-day identification and resolution (or escalation) of project issues and management of risks, supporting the management of project interdependencies.
- To manage the project budget and ensure that the budget monitoring and planning information is prepared in a timely and accurate manner and that budgets are contained within cash limits. The post holder will be responsible for managing the budgets for individual projects which could be over £1m for some of the larger projects.
- To represent the service at all levels within and external to the Council and to develop excellent professional relationships with service users based on the principals of partnership, co-operation and customer care. Proactively liaise with key stakeholders, offering advice, assistance and support on complex matters.
IF YOU HAVE THE RELEVANT EXPERIENCE, APPLY NOW!!