Main purpose of the post:
This post holder will support the Category / Procurement Manager in all matters across the category and where necessary deputise for the Category Manager at Strategy Meetings and Industry Forums. The post holder will assist with the planning, managing and co-ordinating work of the borough aligned with this category. It is expected the postholder will support members of the team tasked with delivering the category specific multi-million-pound annual procurement programme for the council.
The post holder will help shape the strategic plan for procurement for the category. They will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of specific projects that form part of the overall procurement programme across the council, which will include, the tender processes and delivering against the Council’s outcomes on commercial negotiations to secure the best value outcomes for end users and residents.
The post holder will:
- Play a key role in shaping and implementing the procurement strategy for the category with a focus on collaborative working and partnering.
- Assist in the category leadership of a professional procurement team to plan tendering projects and to negotiate and deliver value for money contracts.
- Fully participate in the development and delivery of a one-year category specific programme for procurement that meets service timescales, facilitates the delivery of improved services, achieves value for money and is in keeping with the Council’s priorities.
- Support leadership and provide expert advice and implement procurement best practice to deliver tendering projects across the category for the council.
- Participate in the implementation of contract and relationship management practices across the category for the council, working with colleagues, end users and providers.