Senior Practitioner within the Safeguarding Team, Richmond –
Based in Twickenham –
Full-time 36 hours –
Based in the office/community 3 days a week
All applicants must have the following: – Degree in Social Work or CQSA Required – Candidates must have completed their ASYE to be considered – Candidates must have Safeguarding experience, or similar
We are an Ofsted rated Outstanding LA, we expect workers to understand their KPIs, work with autonomy and be confident in seeking appropriate advice and guidance from their manager when they require it.
Based within the team we have direct access to: Social Work Assistants, Systemic Family Psychotherapist, Family Support Workers, Family Coaches, Domestic Abuse Specialists, Drug and Alcohol Worker and Adult MH specialists.
Experience of building strong partnerships, maintaining relationships and co-producing solutions
to challenges across a diverse set of stakeholders, including children, young people and their
families. Advocating the voices of those we are working with.
● Proven ability to effectively use data, intelligence and evidence to create meaningful insight and
to inform own decision making.
● Experience of keeping and maintaining records (in accordance with local policy) and producing
accurate reports, presentations, written updates to a range of stakeholders (which may include
families, children or young people).
● Knowledge of statutory legislation (for example Children’s Act) and national policy drivers that
will affect children’s services and your role.
● Strong analytical, and planning skills for assessing, and reviewing children and young people’s
needs, and planning packages of care across a range of cases, able to explain professional
reasoning judgements, and decision making.
● Experienced in undertaking child protection investigations & assessments of needs, assessment
& appropriate management of risk and ensuring the delivery of agreed programmes of care.
● Experienced in managing an allocated caseload, planning and organising workload to meet
statutory timescales and local policy response appropriately and independently (as appropriate)
to unanticipated problems.
● Experienced in providing direct professional social work to children and their families,
undertaking regular visits to client’s homes and care establishments. Experience in exposure to
disagreeable, unpleasant environmental and people related conditions.
● Experienced in the use of ICT including MS Word, Google, Outlook and case record management
the Safeguarding Team holds Child in Need, Child Protection and Care Proceedings (until final order). Due to holding court work we also have some children who are looked after.