The Trevellyan Account Handler role directly affects the sales performance and profitability of the
business unit as it is wholly responsible for the renewal of existing clients and the placing of new business
with our agencies. It is the responsibility of the Account Handler to renew a minimum of 95% of the
existing policies and ensure that we have correct agencies to facilitate new business. You must have a
comprehensive knowledge of the appetites of our agencies and track the performance of the agency to
ensure that it is fit for purpose. In addition, you must ensure our quotes meet the demand and needs of
our clients and treat them fairly.
Depending on your workload, you will also do new business calls when needed. The account handler will
also have a target for new business. It will be the responsibility of the Account Handler to meet targets
and KPIs through working closely with colleagues and management to ensure that all actions fully support
the businesses operational requirements in line with company brand, vision, policies, and organisational
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards
1. Train Junior Brokers. This should include tests.
2. Implement our Renewal Process.
3. Implement the New Business Quotation Process – using Audit Packs and the Insurer Appetite list.
4. Produce a Broker Report which compares and contrasts the clients existing policy with the new
quotes we have provided them. It should provide the customer with various scenarios in which
the policy can and can’t be used.
5. Continuously improve of Fact Finds.
6. Coach, mentor, encourage your colleagues to perform.
7. Complete Audit Packs for each risk worked.
8. Must consistently use CRM system to diarise reminders to call people and update details of
existing/new clients. Complete health checks on all current clients.
9. Every day, complete a Tracker Report and distribute this to your Manager & Senior