To deliver a highly effective, responsive and professional adaptations service and to ensure that all work is completed to a high standard. This must be achieved within specified time targets, and on budget, whilst ensuring that the customer is central to all work undertaken. You will provide an effective surveying service for properties requiring an adaptation for a disabled occupant. You will also be required to assess the condition of the property for suitability and feasibility of adaptation. Where appropriate you will be expected to identify building defects, to diagnose causes, and to specify remedies. You will also support a culture of continuous service improvement.
- To advise service users and colleagues on schemes / their feasibility and to prepare scheme designs.
- To manage and monitor both large and small scale projects to ensure successful completion and delivery on schedule.
- To determine the condition of existing buildings and to identify and analyse defects which will or may affect any proposed adaptations.
- To prepare documents for Disabled Facilities Grant applications as required.
- To carry out pre and post works inspections to ensure the specified works are undertaken to contract standards and in accordance with the Occupational Therapists recommendations.
- To prepare schedules of works specifications and Auto-Cad drawings that can be issued to the contractors.
- To liaise with our service users, their representatives, statutory authorities, and contractors regarding queries relating to works undertaken or planned.
- Work closely with and co-ordinate with various professional bodies to ensure that work is undertaken in a manner commensurate with all statutory requirements and current legislation e.g. H&S, CDM, Party Wall Act legislation.
- To maintain up to date knowledge of building methods, developments and related products.
- To actively participate in team meetings to look at new ways of working, improving outcomes and best practice standards to help to the development of the service.
- To exercise responsibilities under health and safety at work act as laid down, or as may be amended from time to time, by departmental procedures.
- To continue professional development by undertaking mandatory training and other training identified in line with identified needs
- This position will require the postholder to undergo a DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service).
Payrate: £40.00 umbrella