London Borough of Lambeth are looking for someone to provide a comprehensive, professional, proactive, customer focused business support service to the organisation, enabling services to meet their statutory and legal obligations and our Borough Plan.
- Provide comprehensive business support service as required, duties may include; mailbox management, finance processing, inputting, storing and archiving of data, meeting arrangements, caseload management and note taking.
- Maintain IT systems, including local and corporate IT systems, spreadsheets, databases to be able to produce appropriate outputs, e.g. reports.
- Update IT systems to ensure that individual records are up to date with information required for statutory returns and local datasets, ensuring the data is up to date, accurate and reliable.
- To work flexibly across the service, working on a range of activity to provide proactive support to service users.
- To manage a demanding workload in a responsive way to assist the Business Support Team Leader to meet key objectives and external regulatory requirements.
- To ensure the professional delivery of established business processes such as database management to support the organisation.
- To work with colleagues and team leaders to identify areas for improvement, ensuring the support offer remains appropriate for all service users.
- Embrace new technology to support service users, to ensure that the level of support offered is flexible and in line with Lambeth’s ways of working.
- To work methodically to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Use innovative and imaginative thinking to improve service delivery.
- In an emergency situation, work can be amended from Business As Usual (BAU) to assisting with the situation that has arisen.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the post that may reasonably be required from time to time.
This role is 35 hours a week with £22.21 per hour Umbrella
This post demands a high level of flexibility, a positive attitude and ability to adapt to changes due to service needs. This post is office based, with some flexibility to work from home and the postholder will be expected to work across Lambeth estate to provide cover for similar roles as well as work to Lambeth’s paper-lite agenda.