Bromley Council are currently seeking a Community Safety Officer – Violence reduction role will take the lead for violence and vulnerability issues in Bromley. These issues include the priorities for the Safer Bromley Partnership and include reducing serious violence and VAWG. The roles includes Support the Community Safety Manager to deliver the Safer Bromley Partnership priorities to reduce violence, including gang related violence and knife crime as well as violence against women and girls (VAWG), and other relevant priorities for the partnership that may emerge.
As a violence reduction lead, your primary responsibilities would be to develop and implement strategies to address various forms of violence in the community. This includes:
1. Collaborating with community safety partnerships and relevant stakeholders to create a coordinated approach towards violence reduction. 2. Addressing issues related to youth violence and gangs by designing intervention programs and initiatives that target at-risk youth and promote positive alternatives. 3. Leading efforts to combat violence against women and girls by implementing awareness campaigns, support services, and preventative measures. 4. Overseeing the launch and implementation of the serious violence duty, which may involve working with law enforcement agencies and other organisations to identify and address high-risk individuals involved in violent activities. 5. Developing and executing the VRU violence and vulnerability action plan, which outlines specific goals and measures to reduce violence and vulnerability within the community.6. Collecting and analysing data to evaluate the effectiveness of violence reduction programs, making adjustments as necessary to improve outcomes. 7. Advocating for policy changes and resource allocation to support violence reduction efforts. 8. Building strong relationships with community members, local organisations, and government agencies to foster a collaborative and holistic approach to violence reduction. Overall, the role as a violence reduction lead is vital in creating a safer and more secure community by tackling the root causes of violence and implementing evidence-based interventions to promote lasting change.
Description and Requirement
- To submit grant funding applications and manage successful bids.
- Ensure robust partnership working, communication and reporting to MOPAC including the Violence Reduction Unit (VRU)
- To provide written and verbal reports to the Bromley Safer Partnership Board.
- This post will act as strategic lead for the violence and vulnerability issues in Bromley and coordinate work around violence reduction and VAWG.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of crime reduction methodologies with a particular focus on gang and serious violence and VAWG strategies and best practice.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the legislation and policy that governs crime reduction and community safety.
- To support the Community Safety management officers in their roles, deputising where required.
- To actively promote equality issues and ensure that problem solving activities and actions are not discriminatory or exclusive and challenge partners where discrimination is encountered.
DBS May be required
28 hours a week