Purpose of this Job:
To assist with and support all aspects of operational events delivery at Brent Civic Centre and within The Drum at Wembley. This role involves daily Manual handling/heavy lifting and moving as well as the use of a genie lift and ladders.
- Event set-ups (furniture, audio-visual equipment, decoration and dressing, signage etc.)
- Client liaison (meet and greet client, minor adjustments to layouts, on-the-day support etc.)
- Stewarding (assisting Conference and Event Managers and Supervisors with guest and venue health and safety, assisting with risk assessments, greeting and directing guests, dealing with minor spills etc.)
- General venue care (assisting with minor repairs, cleaning, stock control and storage management)
- Ensure event spaces are set up as per the brief provided by the Conference and Events team and are set up on time.
- Ensure that any building faults are reported and appropriate action taken.
- Ensure venue lighting is correct and AV/IT issues are reported and dealt with quickly.
- Ensure that the ambient room temperature is appropriate for the event space and adjust as necessary.
- Take pride of all events spaces and the activities within them, ensuring appropriate cleanliness standards and environmental conditions that meet user requirements.
- Maintain/foster excellent relationships with Brent Council and our event clients.
- Complying with the weekly cleaning rotas.
- Attending training programmes when required.
Provide an efficient and effective service to customers, understanding their needs and requirements, working to exceed these wherever possible.
Must be prepared to work evenings and weekends where required.
This role is only 8 hours a week and has an hourly pay rate of £16.32 Umbrella