You will provide professional leadership for psychology and psychological therapies, leading on appraisal, professional development and supervision systems and standards of professional behaviour for all psychologists in order to effect high quality psychological practice within this specialist service. You will work autonomously, holding a specialist case load and working within professional guidelines, and provide professional leadership by exercising responsibility for the systematic governance of psychological practice within the locality teams. To ensure that suitable systems are in place for the clinical and professional supervision and support of all other psychologists in those teams. You will be responsible for proposing and implementing policy and service development changes in relation to psychology and psychological therapies across the service. You will ensure that systems for effective recruitment, professional appraisal and identification of CPD are in place and working effectively in the service. You will ensure relevant audit, policy and service development and research activities are carried out by psychology staff working in the team.
1. Skilled in the use of complex methods of psychological assessment, intervention and management frequently requiring sustained and intense concentration.
2. High level proven abilities in translating national policy and evidence regarding psychological practice into effective local action to improve services.
3. Ability to identify and prioritise appropriate areas for service improvement, and to design, plan and deliver these improvements.
4. High level proven ability to manage the delivery of a service or part of a service, balancing the priorities of quality, time and cost.
5. A high-level ability to communicate effectively at both a written and spoken level, complex, highly technical and clinically sensitive and contentious information to clients, their families and carers, and a wide range of lay and professional individuals within and outside the NHS.
6. Skills in providing specialist psychological consultation to other professional and non-professional groups.
7. Skills in complex formulation. To provide an accurate overview and assessment of presenting problems to informal treatments by identifying key targets for change.