Provide a high quality, efficient, responsive, and costeffective frontline Customer Service that meets the diverse needs of the community and complies with the Council’s customer promise, statutory requirements, guidance, and codes of practice. Contribute to a multi-tasked team responsible for the provision of an excellent and outstanding front-line library, learning and information service providing
information, advice and assistance to customers both residential as well as those internal to the organisation, directing to the most appropriate resource where necessary. Assist in the delivery of the national Libraries Connected Universal Offers (Culture, Digital & Information, Health, Reading) and the Libraries Connected ‘Children’s Promise’. Provide an interface between the council’s digital platforms
and customers who require further support and contribute to the delivery of the Customer Service Transformation Plan.
Be the first point of contact in providing customers with assistance, sign-posting and positive solutions either face to face, over the telephone or through digital means.
2. Provide a high quality of library, learning and information services that achieve customer satisfaction and maintains the highest level of service standards to all customers across the council.
3. Working as part of a team of Customer Service Advisors and Assistants, contribute to the day-to-day running of the Idea Store.
4. Welcome and greet Idea Store users, taking a positive role in promoting Idea Store services and stock, making customers feel welcome and at ease, and ensuring high customer service standards are met.
5. Deal with customers in a polite, courteous, efficient, and effective manner at all times to achieve the highest standards of customer care. Provide assistance to callers whilst considering their individual needs and give general advice on other Council services as appropriate.
6. Provide a high level of customer care and always promote a good external perception of the Council. Ensure all customers are dealt with efficiently and effectively and help is offered to those customers with special needs who might require assistance. Encourage suggestions and comments and deal with complaints.
7. Support the Idea Store objectives through covering the shop floor and implementing the Library Bye Laws and regulations in association with security staff and other
8. Assist in case of staff shortages, working flexibly as required to ensure the smooth running of services.
9. Carry out shelving duties, removal of stock, process new items, promotion, and assist in the stock taking process in line with procedures and guidance.
This role consists of 13 hours and has an hourly pay rate of £18.99 Umbrella.