- To support the residents of Swindon in accessing the many services provided by the council. To deliver an
evolving support service whereby we encourage and support customer to access information online;
adopting a digital first approach.
Understanding the customers’ needs and signposting to relevant support services either inside or outside of
Giving information on Council Services where it’s not available, escalating queries and requests for work to
the relevant service area.
- To answer calls from customers, using our Call Centre technologies.
– To answer emails from customers using digital email technology.
– To listen attentively to customer requirements asking pertinent questions to establish facts in order
to gain a full understanding of the customer’s needs.
– To maintain customer service standards by answering customer’s telephone calls and emails, being
courteous, welcoming and professional at all times.
– Once the customers’ needs are understood, give them the support and confidence to self-serve to
answer their own query or by using Council equipment with a view to using their own where possible
in the future.
– Where the customer is unable to self-serve even with your support, you will provide a clear and
concise response to enquiries and ensure all information given is correct and accurate in response to
the customer enquiry.
– Participate in the training, development and digital skills to help your team deliver the excellence our
– Looking and suggesting ways for continuous Improvements
– To refer unresolved actions to the senior, Team Leader, or other areas.
– To adhere to the Data Protection Act.