London Borough of Islington have an exciting new role out for a early years nursery support worker working with children aged between 3-4 years old to assist in the provision of high quality, fully integrated care and education for children throughout the nursery/centre in partnership with their parents and to assist teachers and nursery education workers to maintain a safe and secure environment for the children.
This job includes:
- To take joint responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children in your care and those you come into contact with and undertake child protection training at a level commensurate with role.
- Through hands-on practice to assist in the fostering of the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of all children attending the nursery/centre, including those with special educational needs.
- Through hands-on practice to assist in the provision of a comfortable, safe, stimulating and aesthetically pleasing environment which provides consideration of families’ ethnic, cultural and linguistic backgrounds and consideration of children’s gender.
- To support the key worker systems in the centre and act as a co-key person for a small group of children to provide continuity of care in the absence of the key worker, as required:
- Develop a loving and secure relationship with each key child.
- Help each key child to become familiar with and confident in the setting.
- Look after each key child’s care and welfare needs e.g. dressing, toilet training, eating, sleeping, being comforted.
Payrate: £18.20 umbrella