Within Growth, we are shaping Barnet as a place to Live, Work, Study and Visit. Through Barnet’s Growth Strategy we are delivering the housing, connectivity, support for businesses and town centres, and social infrastructure needed to sustain and improve local communities. Our Planning, Housing, Regeneration, Economic Development, and Estates services are a community of talented people solving the real-world problems and challenges that need to be addressed to deliver change and improve lives. We are delivering this all through many strategic partnerships that collectively form one of the largest development programmes in England
about the role:
- Barnet Council has a large and diverse portfolio of Estates Projects which require a project manager to help shape and deliver projects to a high standard. These will involve identification of optimisation and rationalisation opportunities across the council’s managed and leased estate.
- This is an exciting and varied role for an individual who enjoys a challenge and acquires strong stakeholder management skills while understanding the sensitivities associated with council services and assets.
- The Project Manager will be required to plan site visits across the portfolio collecting and analysing data through stakeholder engagement and asset review.
- The Estates Project Manager role will be responsible for delivering a variety of projects for example relocation of services, floor reconfigurations and various other service area requirements to support in optimising and rationalising the estate. Projects will require engagement across various council services, council’s public facing services, and community groups.
- Hybrid working – This role offers a minimum of 1 day in the office + borough-wide site visits as needed by the service and working from home.
Parking/ Transport – Barnet have parking available on pre-booking basis, with disabled parking also available. Colindale station is located 5/10 minute walk from our offices.
Equipment – Laptops and accessories will be provided, including mobile phones if needed, and office equipment for hybrid workers. You will also receive an IT induction to help you navigate our laptops and systems.
Colindale Offices – The borough of Barnet has many restaurants/cafes and outlets to enjoy for all agency workers. Our modern Colindale office has a coffee shop, and rooftop decking including quiet work spaces and private meeting rooms. There is also free coffee and tea for onsite workers.
Lifestyle Savings – All of Barnet employees have access to discounts and savings, from utility bills to retailers with VIVUP our employee benefit scheme
- PAYRATE: £400.00 umbrella
- if interested please book a call https://calendly.com/anniekinnaird