Role: Case holding, training design and delivery as well as aspects of supervision in form of individual/group consultations to social care colleagues; collaboration with key stakeholders and external partners
• The aim of this post is to introduce systemic thinking and casework into the social work service to children and their families in Havering. The intention is to locate a family therapist within a team of social workers and other practitioners to provide advice and guidance and therapeutic interventions alongside the social work intervention.
• The post holder will work with Havering’s, most complex, in need families where children are in need, those who are at risk of harm and with children who are looked after where their intervention will complement the Looked After Children health service.
• The work will demand a creative and flexible approach, working with families in their homes and other community settings as required. In addition to providing direct therapeutic interventions, the post holder will offer consultation to social work colleagues, foster carers, health and education professionals and others.
• The post holder will model good practice and provided peer to peer support across the services 200 Social care professionals
• The post holder will devise and provide training across the whole of the Children’s social care team including Managers, Advanced Practitioners, Social Workers, Family Support workers and Business Support team around systemic practice.
• The post holder will deliver matrix management supervision across the service.
Pay rate: £58 per hour umbrella
Three to six months contract with view to extend or make permanent