The purpose of this post is to manage the homelessness service by developing and implementing whole system approaches to deliver commissioned services in partnership at a local level based on community needs
- Developing services which deliver the housing advice, homelessness prevention, welfare rights, debt advice and poverty prevention and the council’s priorities.
- Design and commission services where relevant based on intelligence and the needs of the community, putting the customer at the heart of what we do.
- Developing the service in ways which contribute to a reduction in the demand for Council Services, increase self-sufficiency and resilience of residents of the Borough and reduce demand for specialist council services
- Developing Services in conjunction with other partners and in particular social landlords, the third sector, and public service partners and ensure stakeholders are fully briefed, engaged and involved in the delivery of the service
- Developing new ideas to support service improvements and efficiency and delivering a continuous improvement culture in the Service Area.
- Ensure provision of statutory duty with regard to prevention of homelessness, asylum and welfare services is discharged in accordance with relevant legislation/regulations.
- payrate: £600 umbrella