The strategic development, management and delivery of homelessness, welfare rights, debt advice and the commissioned services for supporting people services.
The purpose of this post is to manage the homelessness service by developing and implementing whole system approaches to deliver commissioned services in partnership at a local level based on community needs.
The post-holder will be responsible for:
- Developing services which deliver the housing advice, homelessness prevention, welfare rights, debt advice and poverty prevention and the council’s priorities.
- Design and commission services where relevant based on intelligence and the needs of the community, putting the customer at the heart of what we do.
- Strategic management of commissioned services, linking with relevant officers in Planning and Commissioning
- Developing the service in ways which contribute to a reduction in the demand for Council Services, increase self-sufficiency and resilience of residents of the Borough and reduce demand for specialist council services.
- Developing Services in conjunction with other partners and in particular social landlords, the third sector, and public service partners and ensure stakeholders are fully briefed, engaged and involved in the delivery of the service.
- Working with and advising the Director, Elected Members, and Assistant Director on aspect of the Service area activities.
- Developing new ideas to support service improvements and efficiency and delivering a continuous improvement culture in the Service Area.
- Developing a strong change management capability within the Service Area to ensure services support vulnerable residents.
- Ensure provision of statutory duty with regard to prevention of homelessness, asylum and welfare services is discharged in accordance with relevant legislation/regulations.
- Ensure all commissioning and procurement is undertaken in accordance with Tameside Procurement Standing Orders.
- Report writing to a high standard and presentation to Councillors, and relevant Officers within the Council.
- Develop and implement strategies, policies and procedures within the Service Area to ensure effective service delivery.
- Ensure that budgets are effectively managed.
- To deputise for the Director and Assistant Director as required.
Pay rate: £600 per day umbrella
Three to six months contract with view to extend or make permanent