To manage the Housing Advice Team including Senior officers, Housing Advice Officers/Assistants and outreach staff in delivering a customer focused housing advice, housing register and homelessness service. This role is hybrid so will be expected to do some office based work for a minimum of three days a week
- • Acting corporately to support new innovation and creative opportunities in the delivery of the Council’s services
• To work closely with the Head of Strategic Growth to develop and deliver on housing matters.
• To work with colleagues within the Council as part of the ‘one team’ approach to ‘make good development happen’.
• To work collaboratively with colleagues across the Council to support and/or lead new initiatives to transform the delivery of the Council’s services and ensures the long term financial stability of the Council.
- • To lead and manage a team that delivers a Housing Register, Housing Advice and Homelessness service in Wyre Forest.
• To work with the Head of Strategic Growth and the Housing Manager in developing and implementing strategic approaches to housing policy, housing advice and rehousing services and to recommend changes where appropriate.
• To be part of and contribute to the Strategic Growth management team and wider council teams.
- • Build and maintain successful working relationships with relevant stakeholders, organisations and partnerships.
• Represent the council in all that you do to continually build our reputation, manage risk and ensure the corporate and service priorities / values can be met.
• Use your professional and technical expertise to ensure your team, service and the council delivers successfully in relation to your service area including providing expert advice on homelessness, housing need, housing allocations etc. Within this service area develop policies and procedures to enable best practise and the identification of opportunities for service development.
• Ensure the team finds housing solutions including for those complex or high risk cases, secures emergency and permanent housing in line with the legislation and deals with vulnerable and chaotic customers effectively. To work closely with the staff running council temporary accommodation provision.
• Investigate complaints, undertake reviews on homeless and housing register related decisions and support the Council as required in appeals and judicial reviews.
• Provide information to the public in response to requests for information under Freedom of Information Act, GDPR etc.
• Work with partner Local Authorities and Registered Providers in the strategic direction of the Home Choice Plus Allocation Scheme. Support work of the Council with Registered Providers and other accommodation providers through the transfer agreement, nomination arrangements and enabling function to meet housing need.
• Attend relevant panel, protocol, case conference and partnership meetings including ODOC, MAPPA, MARAC, Drive etc to support the Council’s housing functions.
• Ensure the maintenance of an emergency homeless service operating outside normal hours and where appropriate to assist with crisis accommodation. To participate in the out of office hours rota.
payrate £35 umbrella