Purpose of the Job:
To devise and implement planned programmes of activities in line with the Early Years Curriculums to ensure each child has the opportunity to develop to their full potential within a day-care environment. This will include working in partnership with parents and carers, working with staff, team members and liaising with other agencies as required. To be responsible for a group of children. To prepare and present accurate written records for assessment reviews and case conferences as required. To implement health and safety and hygiene regulations.
Some of the duties and responsibilities:
- To plan and provide a range of educational and developmental opportunities for children aged 0 to 5 years, ensuring that each child’s needs are met.
- Work with the nursery’s Special Educational Needs Coordinator to ensure that children with special educational needs are fully included in all aspects of the nursery curriculum.
- To take Key-Worker responsibility for a group of children, including planning assessment and record keeping. Write children’s reviews and ensure they are prepared within the required timescale.
- To foster and develop good relationships with parents and carers and to ensure that planning for their children is in partnership with them.
- To promote and maintain a culturally sensitive environment. To ensure educational and developmental opportunities for children reflect their racial and cultural backgrounds.
- To actively participate and be responsible for the organisation and implementation of a planned programme of activities which are in line with current legislation (DFES Foundation Stage for Learning and Birth to Three).
36 hours a week
£19.97 per hour Umbrella