Wirral MBC are currently looking for a Personal Assistant with relevant experience to support a Director.
Key role / Function
- To act as a Personal Assistant to Directors/Commissioners by providing direct organisational, secretarial and administrative support.
- To provide a route of communication in the Directors/Commissioners absence and ensure that progress is maintained on key issues.
- To work as part of a team to provide an effective secretarial, administrative and personal assistant support service to the Strategic Hub.
Description of duties
- To proactively provide comprehensive Personal Assistant support including organisational, secretarial and administrative support to Directors/ Commissioners; including arranging meetings, courses / conferences, travel and accommodation requirements, providing hospitality, typing and word processing, and the collation and dissemination of information.
- To filter and direct incoming telephone queries where they cannot be resolved at first contact identifying urgent/sensitive matters.
- To anticipate the core requirements of the Directors/Commissioners without need to be directed.
- To work as part of the Chief Executive’s Support Team providing cover for the Directors and Chief Executive as required.
- To collate, disseminate and control the distribution of mail and other documentation and information received or originated by the Directors/ Commissioners.
- To proactively screen the Directors/Commissioners emails for meeting requests/ meeting papers etc and ensure that these are either electronically filed or a hard copy produced as per the individual needs of the Strategic Director.
- To manage the Director’s/Commissioners correspondence, seek responses from relevant sources and draft responses as necessary.
- Ensure that systems operate for all correspondence to and from the Department to be correctly directed and responded to in a timely manner. To provide a progress chasing function to ensure speedy, accurate and effective follow up actions to maintain departmental and organisational credibility.
- To collate the agenda and take minutes for strategic meetings and (if required) other directorate meetings and be responsible for the distribution of relevant papers.
- To collate the agenda and (if required) take minutes for meetings chaired by the Directors/Commissoners and be responsible for the distribution of relevant papers.
- To actively pursue matters arising from meetings and ensure they are acted upon in a timely manner.
- To maintain confidential electronic/manual files on behalf of Directors and Commissioners.
- To maintain the electronic diary on behalf of the Directors/Commissioners obtaining background papers, briefing notes and speeches as directed.
- To deal directly with Members of the public and wherever possible resolve or allocate initial enquires and complaints.
- To liaise with appropriate officers in responding to complaints and enquiries from members of the public, Councillors, MPs, redirecting as appropriate and tracking/monitoring outcomes.
This role is a hybrid role which you’ll be required to go into the office once a week.
36 hours a week with an hourly pay rate of £19 per hour Umbrella