- To investigate enquiries or complaints arising out of alleged breaches of planning control including unauthorised uses of land and buildings. (Note: this does not include unauthorised development or uses of Council-owned property which will be matters dealt with by the appropriate land-owning Service).
- To investigate enquiries and complaints regarding the condition of land and buildings. (Note: this does not include action over the condition of land and buildings in Council ownership which will be matters dealt with by the appropriate land owning Service)
- To investigate alleged breaches of planning conditions or legal agreement and through the monitoring of development sites, including minerals extraction and waste disposal sites, ensure compliance with the approved plans and conditions of any planning permission, or terms of any legal agreement.
- To investigate enquiries or complaints regarding the illegal stationing of caravans on Council owned land and take action to secure their removal, once instructed by the Borough Solicitor to do so.
- To liaise effectively with and be aware of the responsibilities, duties and enforcement powers of other internal Council Services and external agencies to ensure all enquiries and complaints are dealt with efficiently and effectively.
- To collect evidence, prepare correspondence, legal notices and files for delegated authorisation to proceed with any necessary legal action.
- To prepare enforcement appeal statements and prosecution files, and give evidence for Appeals attending as necessary public inquiries, tribunals, court hearings or similar proceedings.
- To advise the public and Members of the Council on the progress and actions related to specific enforcement cases, including the preparation and presentation of reports to relevant Township Planning Sub Committees or attending other Committees, working groups of the Council or public meetings where necessary.
- To update and maintain accurate files and records relating to investigations into enquiries, complaints and enforcement proceedings
- To liaise with Officers from other Services to develop and implement proactive procedures for the regular monitoring of developments for which planning permission has been granted to ensure compliance with approved plans and conditions of any planning permission.
- To maintain all pertinent records of activities and time recording for statistical returns and administrative and professional purposes.
- To assist in the use, development and enhancement of electronic information systems within the Service to maximise electronic service delivery and promote collaborative working and sharing of information across Council Services, partner organisations and external agencies.
- Contribute to the development of performance management systems to monitor the performance of the Enforcement Team in relation to best value and service targets and to maintain all records relevant to the Service.
- To work with officers of other Sections/Divisions and Services as necessary concerning matters for which the post holder is responsible.
- To provide relief cover for other enforcement officers and team members to ensure continuity of service
payrate :36.00 umbrella