You will need: to manage the delivery of projects for Growth and Place. The role will involve the managing of specific analysis and delivery projects aimed at improving services within the Department.
• Manage the delivery of projects within cost, time, quality and other performance targets. Identify and manage risks that are likely to affect delivery. Monitor programmes against requirements and maintain appropriate records.
• Facilitate and manage meetings with senior internal and external stakeholders, including members and residents.
• Produce detailed analytical reports for presentation to senior management, and stakeholders.
• Project manage more than one complex project workstreams as required by the Head of Delivery.
• Prepare budgets, forecasts, and other management tools. Manage the development of the design and the commissioning and delivery of proposals. Manage legal and commercial agreements.
• Contribute to an agenda of continuous improvement for Growth and Place. Champion individual initiatives and projects.
• Build, establish and maintain effective working relationships within the council and with external stakeholders.
• Manage and mentor staff as and when required
• Provide excellent customer service standards to internal and external stakeholders.
• Manage the recruitment of project support officers and consultants as and when required.
• Support Programme governance through the production and presentation of progress reports.
• Undertake other projects and duties commensurate with the role to support the Head of Delivery.
Pay rate: £30.50 per hour umbrella
Three to six months contract with view to extend or make permanent