Purpose of the Role:
• Conduct inspections of properties to ensure they are in good condition and identify any repairs or maintenance issues that need to be addressed.
• Ensure that repairs and maintenance issues are reported to the relevant department and follow up to ensure that they are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
• Provide housing management support to tenants, including responding to their queries, resolving their issues, and ensuring that their tenancy agreements are upheld.
• Ensure that all properties meet regulatory and compliance requirements and maintain accurate records of inspections and maintenance work.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with tenants, landlords, and other stakeholders, and act as a point of contact for any property-related queries or issues.
• Ensure that properties are clean, safe, and well-maintained, and that tenants have access to essential services and amenities.
• Collaborate with other property management staff and departments to ensure that properties are managed efficiently and effectively, and to continuously improve the quality of service provided to tenants.
Pay rate: £28.02 per hour
Three to six months contract with view to extend or make permanent