To assist Redbridge Council and North East London Foundation Trust fulfil its duties and
responsibilities in relation to The Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act, Deprivation of Liberty,
Safeguarding, Appropriate Housing Legislation, and all other appropriate legislation.
Fundamental to fulfilling the responsibilities of this post is the ability to respond flexibly, positively
and successfully to the ever-changing pressures which an integrated Health and Social Care service
will face. This Job Description is a guide to the level and range of responsibilities the post holder will
be expected to undertake initially. It is neither exhaustive nor inclusive and may be subject to
changes in order to meet legislative requirements changing circumstances and business demands of
OT will be working across the clusters to support with D2A referrals.
Case Load: Approximately 4 cases per week will be allocated.
Complexity of cases: Mixture of OT complex and standard
Essential requirements for the role:
- Excellent knowledge, skills and experience with assessing for and making recommendations for major adaptations and complex equipment. Including preparing sketches, reading plans and providing detailed specifications for major works.
- Excellent knowledge, skills and experience with complex moving and handling assessments.
- Experience with working in a multi professional team and undertaking complex OT, holistic person-centred assessments, support planning and reviews of people with a range of health conditions and their carers.
- Experience with working on OT duty is desirable
- Understanding of the legal social care framework and housing legislation
- Able to manage and prioritise own workload, progress cases and meet agreed deadlines and targets
- Experience and knowledge of assessing for and recommending simple and complex equipment, reviewing their effectiveness and teaching safe use of equipment to comply with relevant legislation, policy and guidelines on safe working practice.
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritise and plan own work load.
- Essential: Professional occupational therapy qualification as recognised by the HCPC
Pay rate: £35.72 per hour umbrella
Five to six months contract with view to extend or make permanent