|Hackney is one of the UK’s highest performing local authorities, serving one of London’s best places to live and work. They are actively looking for a qualified Senior Engineer for Urban Design which is mainly focused around Traffic Management.
Some responsibilities of this post includes:
● To be responsible for managing and progressing Traffic Management matters
within an area based or function based team including lead responsibility within
the specialist area for progressing schemes in accordance with the programme
agreed with the Principal Engineer.
● To deputise for the Principal Engineer as required.
● To represent the Council as an expert spokesperson on issues related to the
● To take responsibility for the direct management of staff and contribute towards
staff training, development and performance. To continually review professional
standards to ensure effectiveness and external recognition and accreditation of
● To take the strategic lead for specific projects within the team working to agreed
deadlines with identifiable outcomes.
● To be responsible for ensuring that the work of the team is customer focussed and
achieves appropriate changes and improvements within the context of CPA and
Best Value reviews.
● To be responsible for managing diverse projects from conception, through to
implementation, monitoring and evaluation when required.
Umbrella hourly rate: £29.72 (open to discussion)