• To contribute to and apply the Council’s strategy to support vulnerable children and families.
• To ensure service is delivered in line with Oxfordshire’s principles and values of working with partners, children
- Carry out statutory visits, monitor and assess children’s safety and welfare and act promptly on
• Take responsibility for cases until they are closed or referred to another service. Including the
escalation of cases to appropriate statutory and specialist teams such as Youth Offending
Service, Looked After Children/Leaving Care and the de-escalation of statutory cases to workers
in the Family Support Service or universal services.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with children and young people, their families and
carers: providing advice and support and helping resolve conflict, where appropriate.
• Help children and young people, families, carers and communities to make informed choices and
decisions, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to service planning.
• Maintain accurate and up to date case management records and produce concise,
comprehensive and timely assessment and reports.
• Prepare and manage cases for court, including liaison with children’s guardians and other legal
representatives (statutory team only).
• Work with colleagues, other agencies and community resources to ensure that families are
offered support in their localities wherever possible
• Represent the service in multi-agency forums.
• Participate in learning opportunities and developments in social work practice.
• Contribute to the facilitation of evidence-based group programmes across the locality.
• Supervision of students and contribution to the induction of newly qualified social workers or
support staff. To provide supervision to students and social workers in there ASYE.
• Quality control of written reports/assessments/minutes including reports, produced within the
team. Assist in the writing of reports for less experienced staff and support at meetings and
within the court arena.
• To plan and facilitate group supervision sessions within the team.
• Representing Team, Assistant Team Manager and Consultant Social Practitioner at meetings,
Payrate: £31.50-£42.00 umbrella (difference on experience)