- Undertake the inspection, maintenance and repair of vehicles, plant and equipment including other repairs and modifications on vehicles and equipment that require
specialist skills and experience as identified in the person specification attached.
- Prepare and present all types of vehicles and motorcycles to appropriate approved testing stations and achieve a high pass rate,
To undertake a wide range of tasks in the vehicle workshop
which require the use of specific knowledge and skills as
identified in the Person Specification.
2. To undertake scheduled inspections and services to
vehicles and equipment to a high standard and within
3. To undertake safety and maintenance inspections of vehicles
and equipment operated by contractors to the Council.
4. To complete accurately all other appropriate and required
records, including timesheets, driving hours etc.
5. To identify, locate, order and collect parts as necessary to
ensure works are undertaken within agreed timescales in
order to maintain the operational efficiency of vehicles and
equipment, including liaison with suppliers, manufacturers
and/or their agents.
6. To understand the Health and Safety risks identified for the
Vehicle Workshop environment and ensure that all
mitigating procedures and practices developed from the
Risk Assessments are implemented. To notify the
Workshop Supervisor immediately of any identified hazards
or safety concerns.
7. To keep nominated own work-area free from hazards and in
a clean and tidy condition and assist others in keeping the
whole of the Vehicle Workshop environment in a similar
8. To use and operate all equipment in the workshop in an
appropriate manner and, once used, return it to the
appropriate storage area.
9. If a nominated key holder, to unlock and secure the workshop
area if the Workshop Supervisor is not available to do so.
10. To identify and then manage own workload effectively in line
with agreed service priorities and prescribed standards, when
the Workshop Supervisor is not available or if working away