PURPOSE OF THE JOB
1. The purpose of this role is to ensure we involve our residents in improving landlord services and promote strong and sustainable neighbourhoods with significant emphasis on community outreach and support for local communities.
2. You will provide operational management support for resident-led oversight and scrutiny boards and ensure we offer a wide range of involvement opportunities for residents to hold the council accountable for the design and delivery of landlord services.
3. You will lead the delivery and implementation of Southwark’s Housing resident involvement strategy and operational plans to ensure we are close to the homes, blocks and estates we manage and deliver a resident involvement service that is proactive, people centred and responsive to local needs.
1. You will lead the team and provide operational support for accessible and flexible resident involvement opportunities for all tenants and homeowners to ensure the views of residents are weaved into the design and delivery of landlord services including servicing all resident involvement structures, oversight and scrutiny boards.
2. Implement, maintain and service appropriate resident involvement and empowerment structures to enable residents to hold the council as a landlord accountable for delivering excellent landlord services and devise clear operational plans to drive the achievement of the resident involvement strategy.
3. You will additionally lead and contribute to consultation and community outreach events which can develop resident empowerment and capacity building and provide new opportunities for joint working.
4. Establish and maintain a clear plan, co-ordinate and motivate the team to deliver a complex range of community engagement activities and projects with a diverse range of residents to galvanise grass root support for the growth and development of tenants and residents associations.
5. Contribute to designing, implementing and embedding performance and quality standards to drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the service and across all internal and external measures including the regulatory framework for the regulator of social housing.
6. Develop operating plans to deliver a thriving neighbourhood and a people powered approach in resident involvement and narrowing the indices of social and economic deprivation.
7. Ensure that all TRA halls are well run with accountable structures in place that guarantee the effective governance and sound financial management of the revenues generated from the hire and use of the TRA halls.
8. Lead and maintain a team culture that is focused closing the gap in life chances and empowering residents to play a role in creating thriving neighbourhoods and giving more support for tenants to run key services on their estates and local areas.
9. Design and deliver resident involvement campaign activities that drive incremental involvement of residents and promote the growth and development of resident involvement in delivering improved landlord services.
10. Develop a sound programme of data led customer communications to support resident involvement and champion the diversity of all resident involvement mechanisms in keeping with the council’s policies on equalities and diversity and Southwark Stands Together.
11. Procure and manage a number of resident support and involvement contracts including the tenants and homeowners’ advice contracts.
12. Identify, define and develop appropriate opportunities for partnership working with both internal and external partners, empowering communities to shape the places they live in and make decisions about issues which affect their lives
Pay rate: £25.97 per hour umbrella
Three to six months contract with view to extend or make permanent