Ruby borough council are recruiting a role for a benefit officer the purpose of this role is to work with clients to support them to pay their rent and council tax through the provision of financial support. This includes the administration of Discretionary Financial Support Schemes and Information and signposting regarding financial inclusion support.
- Outreach work with those who are rough sleeping or at risk of rough sleeping, in hospital and require support to return home
- Providing housing options, advice and guidance to those who are homeless or threatened with homelessness with the aim to assist with prevention of homelessness at the earliest possible stage
- Administering applications from residents approaching the Council as homeless or threatened with homelessness.
- The provision of temporary accommodation including the provision of private sector leased accommodation.
- Determining applications to join the Council’s Housing Waiting List
- Administering applications for Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, Discretionary awards and providing financial advice and support to clients
- To work across the Housing Advice and Benefits Team and wider Communities and Homes Service to ensure that services are robust, harmonious, and meet the needs of clients
- To work with the Benefits Team Leader to ensure that there is a holistic approach to service delivery putting the client at the centre of what we deliver.
- To provide timely and robust key-performance data to identify blockages to service delivery at an early stage.
- To create a culture of continuous improvement within the team, with all team members involved and responsible for taking the service forward.
- To be innovative and creative with trialling new ways of delivering a service that meets the needs of clients.
- Actively contribute to the future development of the service
- Working with others across the Communities and Homes Service to make best use of IT solutions to assist the work of the team, ensuring it meets our needs and the needs of clients.
- To integrate equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practices into all aspects of the post and in particular, work with disadvantaged groups and socially excluded communities to increase resident activity and involvement.
Payrate: £31.30 umbrella