The post holder is responsible for the works within the LBHF repairs team and that work will cover the following areas:-
- Disrepair work
- Refurbishment work (such and kitchen, bathroom and window renewals etc).
- Void Works
- Complex Repair Works
- Day to Day Repairs
- Damp and Mould Works
- The pre/mid and post inspection of any of the above.
- Work with the AD Director of Repairs, Strategic Head of Housing Repairs and/or any other delegated manager to implement and develop effective systems to regularly inspect the external and communal parts of property, to identify any requirements for reactive repairs and cyclical maintenance, and to ensure the works required are carried out or programmed according to urgency and priority.
- Work in collaboration with colleagues across Housing services to ensure a joint approach to improve quality and customer satisfaction for residents.
- Support and manage a flexible approach to the deployment of resources within the Property Services Division to respond effectively to fluctuations in workload. Support and manage different types of work within the Property Services Division in response to the changes in the volume of work.
- Highlight key investment needs and considerations to the Property Planning and Assets Team so that works can be appropriately planned in major works programmes.
- Assist in leading and developing a team of technical staff to create a professional and high-performance culture, deputising for relevant Managers when required.
- Provide a high standard of technical support to the team. Manage the local delivery of the repairs term contract to ensure compliance with contractual requirements. Work in collaboration and effectively with other teams within Housing services to deliver a seamless, holistic service to customers.
- Health and Safety – ensure that the Councils Policy for managing the health and safety of residents, staff and contractors is fully implemented and documented. Provide expert knowledge on health and safety law applicable to the construction industry.
- Provide strategic leadership within the Housing portfolio, contributing proactively to the collective leadership of the council, working collaboratively with Members, services, partners, and stakeholders to deliver the council’s objectives and priorities.
- Lead by example in modelling and embedding the council’s values and behaviours to help build a sustainable highly effective organisation and develop our reputation as a successful council delivering great value for its residents.
- Provide outstanding leadership and direction to the service, driving service transformation and ensuring excellent joint working with Members and other stakeholders.
- Lead, deliver and oversee planned strategic projects and programmes of change that contribute to the effective delivery of agreed outcomes across the service.
- Lead existing and develop new partnerships, both within the council and with external partners, to establish a coordinated and integrated approach to the overall management of the service.
payrate: £223.54 umbrella per day