- To participate as a member of the Capital Delivery to undertake a wide range of Building Surveying, Enforcement Inspections and related Project Management duties.
- To proactively engage with customers, leaseholders, tenants and all related Council Officers such as Housing Management, Legal Services, Leasehold Services, and the Home-Buy Team in the delivery of the Property Compliance Service.
- To contribute to the commercial viability of the team.Specific Responsibilities
- Lead & assist with:
- Determination of landlord’s licence applications for alterations
- Determination of remedies in the event of breaches of lease and/or tenancy obligations
- Party wall and neighbourly matters
- Scaffold licences upon Council land
- Site inspections
- Provide professional and technical advice and reports on all matters within the functionality of the service, including undertaking the role of professional or expert witness at hearings, adjudications and legal proceedings et
- Oversee the project management and preparation of design requirements, specifications, and the preparation of building related drawings to satisfy all regulations, standards and codes of practice, for the purpose of repair and refurbishment to council owned building.
- Excellent customer care skills with an ability to translate complex information making it easily understood
- Experience of Project Management of complex remedial works.
- Experience contributing to a fee earning business unit.
- Experience of building surveying methods, procedures and processes
- Commercial awareness and experience in supporting a fee earning business
- Knowledge of Party Wall legislation and experience of preparing party wall notices
- Knowledge & experience of Building Regulations
- Knowledge & experience of CDM regulations and their application in managing works
- Knowledge of Right to Buy principles and methods for undertaking Right to Buy surveys.
- General understanding of tenancy terms and leasehold conditions relating to building fabric.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Equalities Act 2010
- Experience and evidence of collaborative working and partnering
- Ability to use a wide range of IT packages Excel, Word
- Good communication skills both verbally and in written.
- Ability to promote positive relationships and effective team work.
- Ability to express a flexible, agile and responsive approach to case work management and enquiries, monitoring communication and emails daily.
- Ability to attend meetings outside of normal working hours including evenings and weekends.Managing Performance and Budgets
- Monitor and report on performance to ensure that services meet performance, contractual compliance, quality and budgetary target
- Take corrective action if they fall out of target.
- Responsible for financial performance of allocated projects of remedial works ensuring that projects are delivered on time and in budge Agree final accounts and applications for payments with contractors, liaising with quantity surveying services as required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Council policies in relation to Equal Opportunity, customer care and service delivery, and the ability to implement these policies in the workplace. Demonstrate an understanding of the Equality Act 2010.
- Essential Qualifications: Chartered Building Surveyor; Surveying Degree or equivalent
- Essential Qualifications: Chartered Status & member of RICS, RIBA, CIOB, ICE, INSTRUCTE or equivalent
- Experience in undertaking building surveying, including undertaking inspections, diagnosing defects, identifying breaches in lease and building standards, specifying remedial works.
- Experience in working with and leading a wide range of stakeholders within a Public Sector Context.
HOURS PER WEEK 36
PAY PER DAY £300 Umbrella