1.To assist in the provision of a high quality personal and business support service to the Chief Executive as directed by the Office Manager & Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive.
2. To deputise and provide cover for the Office Manager & Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive as required to support the efficient operation of the Chief Executive’s office and continuity of service provision.
3. Assist with projects and research as required by the Office Manager & Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive.
4. To provide a high standard of customer service in all contact with the public, service users and carers, Council officers,elected members and other key stakeholders.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Provide effective diary management for the Chief Executive, and Office Manager, recording appointments, arranging accommodation and travel as required.
• To manage all incoming mail and electronic mail addressed to the Chief Executive, peruse and pass to the Directors or record and redistribute to other members of staff as appropriate with any relevant information.
• To ensure correspondence including letters, e-mail and telephone calls are managed appropriately, including referring to other members of staff as
appropriate and alerting the Office Manager and Executive Assistant to the chief Executive to specific priorities, issues and complaints.
• Draft routine correspondence. Respond personally on behalf of Chief Executive and Office Manager & Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive as directed.
• To assist with the development and maintenance of appropriate administrative systems and procedures including confidential files to support the efficient operation of the Chief Executive’s office.
• Provide appropriate administrative support to a range of meetings. Take and produce minutes /action notes. Arrange venues, issue invitations, prepare
agendas and papers, collate reports, and distribute in a timely fashion.
Provide and ensure appropriate administrative support to produce documents and presentations as directed by the Office Manager & Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive.
• Provide project support and undertake research as required.
• Undertake business support for the production, maintenance and reporting of relevant departmental business continuity and emergency planning.
• To ensure up to date contact lists for staff and partner agencies are in place and maintained for the Chief Executive.
• Welcome and receive all visitors to the Chief Executives Office. To provide and ensure hospitality and refreshments for visitors, meetings and events.
• Provide and ensure confidentiality in respect of the work of the Chief Executive’s office. Use initiative, sensitivity and discretion.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with other Council departments, partner agencies, elected members and the offices of local Members of Parliament.
• Maintain and update a good knowledge of the activities of all aspects of the CEX Department, the Council, various outside bodies and any current areas of special concern.
• Raise orders and make payments using Council finance systems appropriately, including the ordering of stationery and other office supplies.
• Occasional out of hours working to support the office of the Chief Executive
• This is an office based role with opportunities to work from home according to the needs of the service.
HOURS PER WEEK 36
PAY PER HOUR £19.62 Umbrella