To provide business support to the SEND Tribunals department in line with the Council’s statutory duties under the Children and Families Act (2014) and the SEND Code of Practice (2015).
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The duties of the post are as follows and the post holder may be called upon to undertake any of them, as appropriate:
- Provide general assistance, clerical, administrative and IT support to the Tribunals and Mediation Service. To be reactive to any business support issues including Tribunal and Mediation queries.
- Responsible for dealing with incoming telephone calls and emails from both the SEND Tribunal, Parents and their Representatives, responding appropriately, and signposting to appropriate route the Mediation process, lodging an appeal and advising on statutory timescales.
- Liaise with young people, families, schools, multi-agency partners and professionals throughout the Mediation or Tribunal process. Monitoring receipt of evidence submitted from parents, their representatives and from health and social care partners.
- Provide support to the Tribunal Moderating Group, by preparing the agenda, collating relevant papers for review, collating/recording decisions. In addition, communicate decisions as appropriate through the use of the LBB IT systems
- Provide robust document management of statutory tribunal appeals including the electronic bundle preparation, evidence for appeals and ensuring all data management complies with GDPR
- Liaising with SEN Finance to ensure that they are updated with the costs and outcomes of tribunals and mediation.
- Collate accurate and timely responses for appeal, evidence, and bundles. Diary management for appeals and mediations. Coordinate the data for Freedom of Information requests and assist with SEND Governance Board data.
Undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade of this post, as required to ensure the efficient and effective running of the department/section.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and have an understanding of GDPR
- Knowledge of business support procedures
- Basic understanding of SEND
HOURS PER WEEK 36
PAY PER HOUR £15.43 Umbrella