Barnsley council are recruiting a role for a business support officer to provide an effective Business support service to a diverse range of front line and statutory services in
accordance with the relevant government legislation and guidelines.
Deal with telephone and face to face enquiries, providing advice, guidance, signposting and support
to internal and external customers, across a diverse range of service functions in line with legislation,
regulations, policies and procedures.
• Triage and direct referrals and requests for service received via all channels to the relevant service
teams to ensure a timely response and excellent customer service.
• Process a range of referrals/ requests for service/applications, applying ‘rules and guidelines’ and
confirm outcomes to customers, dealing with all associated incoming and outgoing information.
• Input , record, check and maintain a variety of computer and paper-based systems, including bespoke
service databases, ensuring information is accurate, stored securely and confidentially, and in
accordance with information governance protocols, and produce standard reports.
• Organise and provide support at a range of statutory meetings, where emotive content is a regular
feature, producing accurate minutes and action schedules and liaising effectively with both internal
and external stakeholders.
• Undertake financial administration including placing orders, raising sales orders, paying
invoices/internal recharges, reconciling income , updating casefiles where relevant, using electronic
systems and in line with the financial regulations of the Council.
• Administer, variable amounts of petty cash, in line with financial regulations and procedures, ensuring
safe-keeping and reconciliation of all imprests against records.
• Liaise and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including managers, employees and
members of the public, ensuring information and communication links are maintained.
• Undertake administrative duties whilst dealing with interruptions, queries and conflicting demands
arising from customer queries and requests.
• Maintain awareness of legislation and regulations, policies and procedures which have implications
for service delivery.
• To contribute to the development, maintenance and review of systems and procedures to ensure
effective and efficient administration of the service, in line with government legislation and guidance
Payrate: £14.88 umbrella