london Borough of Haringey are rescorsing a role As Commercial Manager you will be responsible for taking commercial oversight of projects and work programmes within the Haringey Repairs Service (HRS). Working across all operational teams within HRS, and the wider Property Services directorate, you will ensure that all contracts are procured in compliance with Haringey’s guidelines and managed within a robust contract management framework and discipline, securing value for money and high-quality service delivery.
- You will provide the very best commercial oversight to all relevant projects and procurement exercises, including the preparation of tender specifications and draft contracts.
- You will apply the same commercial acumen to the delivery of works through our own Direct Labour, comprising of approx. 160 operatives across all trades. This includes the oversight of the integrity of our works scheduling system and its database, and its links to remuneration and pay elements which must be focused to drive the right service improvement behaviours and activities.
- Management and leadership of all commercial aspects of HRS’ operations, including accountability for ensuring that financial standing orders are met in terms of work approvals and that subcontractors and suppliers are correctly invoicing for works
- Ensure all budgets are profiled and the budgets holders have clear and accurate monthly accounts showing spend against each account code.
- Ensure that recovery against third party is fully employed and that there is a monthly meeting between the commercial manager and budget holders to review spend against profile, review the forecasts, identify any remedial actions and escalate significant variances.
- Reviewing consultants’ submissions in accordance (when applicable) with framework rules and guidelines and issue reports accordingly.
- payrate: £400.00 umbrella