This role is focused on ensuring there are effective and continuous efforts to proactively engage with the market for the purposes of capacity and capability development. It leads and manages the operational contract management and monitoring activities to drive value for money and ensure commissioned services meet outcome and quality standards as set by ASC.
It supports and aligns with the Strategy and Transformation team by understanding and supporting the overall strategies to help ensure the market is able to respond effectively to requirements. The role reports directly to the Commercial Lead.
● Works with manager and colleagues to define outcomes, set targets and monitor performance, within a culture of continual improvement
● Supports operational plans to ensure that the resources within the teams are used to best effect and impact Customers and Partners
● Builds strong internal and external working partnerships to enable the service to be delivered in an outcome-focused and efficient way
● Supports Kingston’s commitment to community cohesion and valuing diversity and social inclusion Digital/New Ways of Working
● Uses new technologies, particularly Google, to adopt modern, agile working practices, improve customer service and eliminating paper-based processes wherever possible.
● Collaborate with the Strategy and Transformation team to gather and analyse needs and outcome requirements, conducting a comprehensive market analysis and baselining the two to enable effective commissioning, service integration and redesign
● Initiate, develop, implement and promote a market management strategy, ensuring effective integration with wider ASC strategic developments and objectives
● Understand external market factors and relevant market conditions affecting the business, including supplier information, benchmarks, industry trends etc.
● Collaborate with the market to build their understanding of the requirements for Kingston’s residents, and their capability and capacity to deliver on the councils behalf
● Develop effective working relationships with the market and demonstrate effective negotiation and influencing skills to deliver the best commercial outcomes for the council
● Lead day to day contract management to ensure spend is achieving objectives and aligns with strategic priorities. This includes contract compliance against KPIs, agile adjustments, and maintenance of the contracts register
● Lead and inform procurement strategies to ensure they achieve full integration with market management strategies and deliver effective service oversight and control mechanisms
● Lead the development of new spend management procedures and approaches, drawing on best practice from across the sector and beyond, and challenging
process where appropriate
● Lead, monitor and enforce sector wide service performance improvement and transparency Equality and Diversity
● Embeds equity, equality, fairness and diversity into all aspects of team working and service delivery
In order to successfully deliver the responsibilities of the role, you will need to:
● Question and challenge ways of working, with an understanding of the bigger picture in terms of the corporate context and external environment
● Demonstrate agility and adaptability in mindset and ways of working
● Work successfully with key stakeholders within and outside of the Council
● Demonstrate commitment to own personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the role
● Demonstrate innovation and creativity
● Actively engage in positive cross organisational communications and team working
● Communicate clearly, confidently and appropriately with colleagues using the best methods of communication for the task
● Expert knowledge of client groups and care markets
● Supplier relationship management
● Contract and performance management
● Negotiation and influencing skills
● Experience building effective relationships with relevant professionals and key stakeholders
● Understanding and awareness of key legislation for Public Sector.
HOURS PER WEEK 36
PAY PER HOUR £26.02 Umbrella