- Support the Estate Strategy – understand strategic business drivers and contribute to development of strategic asset management plans & estates strategy.
- Property Portfolio Management – manage landlord/tenant relationships to complete efficient and timely rent reviews, lease renewals, licences, MOTO’s, and MOU’s. Implement the estate portfolio strategy, maximising performance, and optimisation of the portfolio, ensuring estate managed in accordance with required compliance standards, including Government Functions Standard. Provide operational, project estates advise and take a lead in the estates input where required.
- Acquisitions and Disposals – support Estates Manager with identification, appraisal and acquisition of temporary and permanent sites and disposals strategy, including obtaining investment approval and maintain reputation as source of property expertise with clients and colleagues.
- Property Data Management and reporting – knowledge of property data management systems (Propman; e-PIMS/InSite) and Government Data Standards and support Estates Manager with maintaining and updating systems, including compliance with Cabinet Office estates data commissions where required.
- Cost Management – assisting and support Estates Manager and Finance Business Accountant with estate portfolio cost information including IFRS reporting and budgeting. Manage approval of invoices and use of Government Procurement Card in accordance with the relevant guidance.
- Stakeholder Engagement – build partnerships and maintain good relations with key internal and external stakeholders and professional advisors (legal, MoD; BEIS, GPA) together with other professional networks, inc. public & private sectors.
Planning & Development – advise on feasibility of planning permission and impact of planning policy and oversee all planning applications in support of business and Met Office Safeguarding consultation reviews and responses.