PURPOSE OF THE JOB
1. To ensure that all contacts and referrals to Children’s Social Care and the Multi-Agency
Safeguarding Hub (MASH) are processed within agreed timescales and are an accurate
record of requests for information and/ or services.
2. Responsible for good data quality, complying with statutory guidance (Data Protection,
Child In Need Census and Safeguarding procedures) and producing information that is
accurate, reliable, timely, valid and relevant.
3. Be the first point of contact in the department for members of the public and partner
agencies, providing consultation, advice, support, signposting and feedback through a
range of communication methods (E.g. face to face, email, letters, telephone etc).
4. To participate in related project activities within Children’s Services in relation these duties
that improve the customer experience, streamline business processes and deliver
1. To maintain confidentiality on all information relating to service users and staff (past and
present), ensuring compliance with the Data Protection Act, London Safeguarding
procedures and any other relevant legislation.
2. Ensure that all incoming correspondence is actioned and archived within agreed
timescales and that all safeguarding issues, or children who are potentially at risk of harm,
are immediately raised with the Duty Manager for assessment.
3. Represent the MASH at internal and external meetings liaising with a range of partner
agencies, providing regular feedback on service development and improvement initiatives.
4. To produce statistical information that supports managerial decision making based upon
data that is reliable and of good data quality.
5. To have a thorough understanding of the policies, procedures and thresholds that are in
place to effectively manage the MASH and be able to sign post people making contact with
the hub to relevant agencies to support the reduction in referrals to social care.
6. Develop specific knowledge and skills regarding the remit of a chosen specialism (E.g.
Child Sexual Exploitation, Victim Support, Community Health & Health Visiting etc).
7. Build and maintain relationships with other agency representatives. Attending relevant
meetings and visiting partners in their own settings.
Pay rate: £25.40 per hour umbrella
Three to six months contract with view to extend or make permanent