conwy County Borough Council are resourcing a role for a Finance officer to provide a comprehensive range of financial support services to Headteachers and Governing Bodies and to be responsible to the Principal Accountant (Schools) in ensuring the effective delivery of the Service Level Agreements with schools.
- Provide support and assistance to the Principal Accountant – Schools in all aspects of the school finance service in accordance with the Service Level Agreement
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets for the Authority’s Primary, Secondary and Special schools
- Assist in the closure of accounts at the end of the financial year and assist in the production of final accounts
- Assist in the preparation of financial projections to enable schools to maximise effectiveness in the utilisation of resources
- Regularly visit schools to discuss and provide advice on all matters in relation to school budgets and assist with the interpretation of reports and solve any administrative problems
- Investigate and respond to numerous and detailed queries from schools, contractors, suppliers, finance department staff and staff from other departments regarding payments and charges made against school budgets
- Maintenance of a Financial Reporting System on behalf of all the County’s Primary schools including monthly reconciliation with the authority ledger and ensuring the effectiveness of the system and correctness of the information provided
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and current practice to ensure that all transactions are recorded with an appropriate audit trail and that VAT regulations, Contract Standing Orders, Construction Industry Tax Regulations and Financial Regulations are adhered.
- Provide support and assistance on all aspects of creditor payments including logging orders, compliance with Financial Regulations, VAT regulations, CITDS and other financial codes of practice.
- To work effectively as part of a Team and carry out such other duties as may be designated by the line manager commensurate with the grade and responsibilities of the post
Payrate: £14.01 umbrella