Newry, Mourne and Down District Council to provide professional and technical advice, guidance and recommendations, and to carry out all the functions associated with the delivery of the Council’s responsibilities and statutory functions in respect of Planning.
- Validation and processing of planning applications under supervision of a senior officer.
- Undertaking site visits, participating in site meetings, writing up reports of visits, formulating professional opinions.
- Monitoring planning decisions and investigating suspected cases of unauthorised development, interviewing parties, taking statements, inspecting, surveying and photographing sites, writing up reports, representing the Council in the service of enforcement notices and acting as a witness at court and enforcement
- Assisting with the preparation of development plans, enhancement strategies and regeneration proposals for conservation areas, town centres and other selected settlements
- Assisting with research into and preparation of reports relating to policy formulation and development control
- Managing technical support staff (if any).
- Carry out duties in compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Order 1978 (as amended); Acts of Parliament; Statutory Instruments and Regulations and other legal requirements; and all Council Policies and Procedures including Dignity at Work, Health and Safety, Attendance and all relevant Codes of Conduct
- Undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and promote the positive reputation of Newry, Mourne and Down District Council
- Lead by example by behaving at all times in accordance with the Council’s values and promote same within the organisation and externally
- Undertake all aspects of work respecting confidentiality and ensure that personal and/or sensitive information under the control or access of the postholder is used, stored and maintained in accordance with relevant data protection legislation
- Actively participate in employee relations matters including undertaking investigations and chairing hearings relating to employment matters as required (e.g. discipline, grievance & harassment) and make decisions regarding appropriate outcomes with support from HR and in compliance with the relevant legislation
- Participate in the Council’s Recruitment and Selection processes as a panel member, including assisting the panel with development of person specification, identifying selection methods and adhering to advice given regarding current employment legislation and codes of practice.
- Payrate: £13.53 umbrella