Barnsley council are looking for someone to Carry out Damp, Mould & Disrepair survey visits & post inspections ensuring performance targets are met in line with business objectives i.e., ensuring inspections are completed in timeframes in line with HHSRS assessments of Hazards.
- Be involved in the development, procurement, delivery, monitoring and review of all Damp, Mould & Disrepair works and projects including monitoring performance by measuring against contractual Key Performance Indicators which will involve contributing towards making Operational & Financial decisions and providing data and reports as required.
- Maintain computerised records of the Housing Stock and other premises managed by Berneslai Homes, to ensure that the data we hold is kept fully up to date, reviewed, and utilised in decision making processes.
- Representing Berneslai Homes, utilise your external networks to Identify and implement innovative ways of working, actively seeking and rolling our best practice within the sector.
- working in collaboration with other service areas, contribute towards the ongoing development and review of Strategy, Policy, Specification and Action Plans in relation to Damp, Mould & Disrepair.
- provide day-to-day technical advice to Berneslai Home’s staff, contractors, and tenants on all Damp, Mould & Disrepair matters as the ‘Subject Matter Expert’ to ensure pro-active and preventative measures that address the root causes are expedited correctly
- Develop effective communication solutions for customers, staff and other stakeholders and ensure all enquiries and complaints are fully investigated & responded to appropriately within agreed target timescales ensuring a Customer First Can-Do approach is always delivered.
- ensure compliance with the Regulator of Social Housings Consumer Standards and Landlord’s obligations in litigation and arbitration proceedings in areas of disrepair, statutory nuisance, and incidents of personal injury, providing a comprehensive and vigorous defence.
- Act as Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council’s ‘Expert Witness’ and designated officer for disrepair cases including attending site, collaborating with external surveyors and solicitors, agreeing works, producing SCOTT Schedules and legal reports for court consideration complying with Civil Proceedings Protocol of Document Disclosure and attending court where necessary
- To ensure a customer focused approach is adopted in all aspects of the service
- Payrate: £27.00