To lead on the delivery of innovative and effective Equality Diversity and Inclusion strategy and programme of work for the council. This includes associated Learning & Development, Staff Engagement & project management, Lead the delivery of the ED&I agenda for the Council and the management of cultural change in support of the Council’s strategic and operational plans, ensuring the provision of appropriate solutions, information, and advice is provided to services as required.
To provide expertise to the HR and council leaders in the development of an inclusive culture, performance management, leadership, colleague engagement & development and in bringing organisational change and development expertise. Working as part of the HR Team and OD specifically, the role is at the heart of the ambitious organisational EDI programme that champions the development of colleagues and shaping the organisational people management frameworks.
Build relationships with stakeholders across the Council and with HR & OD colleagues.
Working with leaders across the council on a council wide culture change programme with an EDI lense. Working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to deliver EDI programmes to meet the needs of the organisation.
- To lead on the delivery of EDI strategy and projects in collaboration with the OD team HR Ops team and wider HR team
- To lead on the development and delivery of the Council’s EDI Learning and Development corporate programmes, ensuring initiatives are appropriately integrated and aligned with the strategic and business goals of the Council.
- To lead on the development of programmes to improve organisational performance in terms of EDI.
- You will lead talent and succession planning across Redbridge to ensure we have development programmes and strategies to grow our workforce and skills with Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion at the heart of our approaches.
- Conduct external research into best practice, new ideas and creative solutions related to EDI.
- To commission and manage internal and external resources as and when required to ensure cost-effective and fit for purpose initiatives to meet the strategy goals of the Council.
- To oversee the design, delivery and facilitation in-house events, e.g. EDI workshops, bite size learning, coaching and mentoring interventions as required.
- In collaboration with the Council’s Communications team, ensure that effective employee voice channels are in place for EDI matters
- To lead on communication and consultation processes to build staff engagement and enhance employee voice.
- Collaborate with HR Analyst to produce reports to enable organisation to benchmark progress and identity areas that need addressing
- Statutory report writing such as Gender pay gap
- EDI reporting for Corporate Equality Group, senior managers
- Payrate: £35.30umbrella