London borough of Lambeth To carry out environmental enforcement activity across the borough including (but not limited to), fly-tipping, littering, dog fouling, unlicensed street trading, commercial waste enforcement,
enforcement of Public Spaces Protection Orders (PSPO). The post-holder will be required to utilise the relevant statutory provisions to respond to a wide range of offending behaviour; working closely with other teams within Community Safety and the council in order to achieve the council’s objectives.
- Utilise Council powers outlined within the Environmental Protection Act 1990, Environment Act 1995, London Local Authorities Act 1990, Highways Act 1980 and Anti-social Behaviour, Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, Crime and Policing Act 2014 to resolve environmental crime issues at on behalf of citizens and local communities.
- Work in partnership with internal departments, partner agencies and statutory bodies to deliver high profile enforcement and regulatory services; which challenge, deter and prevent various forms of environmental crime
- Investigate environmental crime on behalf of citizens and other stakeholders and utilise the full range of statutory powers to take robust enforcement action to tackle recurrent offending behaviour.
- Ensure that performance targets are achieved in respect of case management and enforcement activity and develop a customer satisfaction based approach towards problem solving
- Participate in appropriate research and development activities as directed by the environmental Enforcement & Commercial Waste Manager.
- Produce high quality prosecution statements, case files, statutory notices, warning letters and educational material to support Council action to tackle offending behaviour.
- Act as a professional witness in support of any legal action taken by the Council to address offending behaviour or non-compliance with statutory regulations.
- PAYRATE : £180.27 umbrella