Camden council have an exciting new role out as a glazier!
- Undertake all aspects of building repairs, maintenance, renewals and replacements ranging from routine reactive repairs to major renewals and rewiring of occupied and void properties. • Diagnosing faults and the causes of building defects in order to identify the most appropriate solution to be applied.
- Taking account of the need to reduce repeat faults and visits and apply the most cost effective solution under the circumstances.
- Ensure all work is in compliance with current building regulations and standards and the safety of residents is maintained at all times.
- To be responsible for any follow-on or related repair works identified where these cannot be completed during the first visit, providing sufficient detail to enable such work to be scheduled for completion at the next appointment • Providing excellent standards of customer care at all times. Act as an ambassador for the repairs service and the Council.
- Ability to work alone with minimal levels of supervision, using own initiative to resolve building defects and problems, seeking guidance when appropriate.
- Responsible for maintaining contact and working collaboratively with Repairs Team Supervisors and Planners to provide updates on the progress of work to ensure overall service objectives are met.
- Ensure safe methods of working and full compliance with health & safety regulations are met at all times. Maintaining up to date knowledge and understanding of current standards, regulations and best practice appropriate to your specialist trade, including but not limited to; ?
- Safeguarding ?
- Lone working ?
- Asbestos awareness ?
- Working at heights
- ? Manual handling
- ? Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- • Responsible for the use, storage and safe keeping of plant, materials and other consumables ensuring waste is minimised.
- • Responsible for the use of a Council vehicle, where allocated, and to ensure the vehicle is used in accordance with the Council’s policy and procedure.
- • Carry out all work to professional standards in a productive manner to ensure the best value for money is achieved in completing repairs and minimising waste.
- Complete all documentation required for the proper running and administration of the service in an accurate and timely manner including; daily work records, time sheets, material schedules, requisitions and the like.
- • Interpret and work from drawings, specifications and other instructions
- . • Communicate effectively and courteously and use new technology including smart phones, PDA’s, etc as required and the like
- • To provide on the job training, instruction, feedback and guidance to apprentices and other trainees when required.
- Assist the Repairs Team Supervisor in appraising and supporting the development of apprentices.
Payrate: £23.00 UMBRELLA