Tameside MBC are looking for someone to lead the planning services, ensuring delivery of first class services to developers,responsible for direct leadership and line management of Development Management Manager, Planning Policy Manager, Planning Enforcement, Technical Support and Land Charges Manager, GM Ecology Unit Manager and Senior Building Control Officers. Indirectly responsible for secondees from partner organisations, including the Greater Manchester Combined Authority, project managers, officers, graduate support officers, administration staff, apprentices and work placements who work within these services.
- Provide leadership, motivation and day-to-day management for the professional and support teams involved in Planning Development Management, Planning Policy, Planning enforcement Building Control, and the GM Ecology service.
- Deputise for the Director of Place, as and when required at Single Leadership Team, Executive Board, Executive Cabinet, Scrutiny Committees and GMCA Leader’s briefings as required on Planning matters.
- Provide updates and briefings to the Executive Member(s) as required.
- Support the Director of Place with MP briefings relating to Planning matters
- Project sponsor on regeneration and development programmes.
- Set the goals, objectives, agenda and work programme for the service areas and individual staff,
- maximising performance against local, regional and national benchmarks.
- Ensure the teams appropriately engage with residents, local businesses, agencies and partners to ensure the maximum appropriate consultation and community participation in all matters relating to planning and transport planning matters in the Borough.
- Ensure adequate input to the GM Places for People Plan and progress the Council’s Local Plan and Development Plan Documents, and the delivery of robust, effective and appropriate planning policy for adoption by the Council.
- Ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Council’s statutory development management process.
- Ensure there is an effective and efficient model of delivery for the Council’s statutory Building Control Service.