To be part of a team delivering a high quality, consistent, flexible, value for money comprehensive service to tenants including, new tenancies and tenancy changes interviewing service users and dealing with general enquiries. To be responsible for a range of tenancy management duties and be a visible presence with residents on our estates. Ensuring tenants are well cared for, neighborhoods are clean and safe and resident satisfaction is high.
- To take part in the organisation’s response to emergencies, helping to co-ordinate actions and providing support to residents. To respond to and manage incidents of low level anti-social behaviour, including harassment, nuisance, and neighbour disputes, taking appropriate action in liaison with Haringey Council, Police and other agencies. To take enforcement action to resolve anti-social behaviour and breach of tenancy matters and to refer particularly complex issues to a Senior Housing Officer.
- To support the effective management and re-letting of void properties by carrying out pre-termination visits; accompanied viewings; sign-ups and new tenant visits promptly and ensuring that new tenants are aware of their responsibilities under the tenancy agreement.
- To give general advice on housing options including transfers or any other tenancy related issues including supporting new tenants as appropriate to settle into their homes.
- To ensure robust tenancy sustainment working across the patch, where possible, working with internal and external partners to bring about successful outcomes, escalating particularly complex cases to the Senior Housing Officer where appropriate.
- To carry out tenancy checks, referring possible issues for further investigation. Serve Notice to Quit or Notice of Seeking.
- To undertake visits to tenants and their representatives as and when necessary. This will include both routine visits and ad hoc visits in response to specific issues such as arrears, anti-social behaviour, rehousing need or vulnerability; and following visits to agree and implement a plan of action to address concerns and issues arising from visits, including liaison with other teams and agencies to ensure required services are provided and cases are resolved.
- Ensure proper file systems are maintained and documents are uploaded promptly to enable easy access to relevant information, including other teams and setting up new document sets when required. To respond to correspondence/ complaints/ enquiries from a wide range of audience categories.
- To carry out regular visits to vulnerable residents, act on and identify cases of vulnerability devising a plan of action and co-ordinating with other agencies to ensure that needs are addressed.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A high standard of literacy and numeracy
- Commitment to taking responsibility for own learning and development.
- Working with the general public, preferably in a service delivery setting.
- Working in a diverse community
- Communicate effectively with the public and members of staff at all levels and from diverse backgrounds.
- Good understanding of issues relating to social housing.
- Ability to effectively organise and prioritise own workload.
- Able to use IT systems and equipment including MS Office and mobile working devices.
- Ability to work as part of a team and work with others to ensure projects and tasks are completed on time.
- Ability to use own initiative and to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise own workload with a high standard of organisational skills
- Able to write clear and concise letters and reports
- Able to collect and present data clearly.
- Commitment to and taking pride in delivering a high standard of service.
- Able to carry out numerical calculations and collect and present data.
- Ability to demonstrate accountability and a positive attitude to your responsibilities as an employee of Haringey Council
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, show initiative and make decisions.
- Able to work flexibly to achieve team objectives.
- Ability to identify own development needs and seek opportunities to improve the service.
- Ability to contribute to team’s overall performance to meet departmental and business plan targets.
- Ability to demonstrate the organisational communication standards.
- Able to embrace and adapt to change within the working environment, including use of new technology.
Enhanced DBS Required
HOURS PER WEEK 36
PAY PER HOUR £21.11 Umbrella