London borough of havering have a new exciting rile out for a housing officer he role is to provide a high quality housing management service which deals with tenancy and leasehold management services to residents living in Havering Council’s social housing stock. Be an advocate and champion for the housing service into your local patch. Support people to sustain their homes and quality of life. Provide advice for safeguarding and health and well-being on a wide range of issues including housing, welfare rights, personal finance, hoarding, tenancy management, mediation, life skills and the promotion of personal independence. Act as the principle point of contact for a local area, estate or patch or group of residents so that the environment and condition that residents experience is high quality and well maintained. To complete inspections, as required. Develop strong links with other council departments to provide solutions such as; access to properties, tenancy fraud, fire risks, safeguarding, and vulnerability to enable the Council to maintain properties in good order and protect residents. Where relevant take action in line with tenancy terms or leases, manage nuisance and anti-social behaviour casework.
- Provide a holistic housing management service to residents on defined patch or area. Ensure residents and staff are aware of best way to manage and maintain local area.
- Manage casework, provide advice and make decisions in line with tenancy terms, lease conditions, and other policy and procedural guidelines. Communicate with customers through high standards of responsiveness, courtesy and professionalism
- Values and respects residents, their advocates and representatives in making choices, explains and informs residents of policies relevant to their issues, concerns or behaviours
- Develop partnerships with relevant agencies and services which address the needs of residents. Profile tenants at risk of failing tenancies and develop support plans with clear outcomes. Act as lead for support plans, and complex needs conducting regular reviews to increase likelihood of sustaining their home.
- Engages with appropriate internal and external agencies to steer and agree support / action plans which help maintain new and existing tenants to sustain tenancies. Work and build strong partnership links with other agencies to include determining risk, providing support to include mental health cases, hoarding, domestic violence, ASB, drug and alcohol misuse, disability, financial inclusion. Relevant multi-agency meetings will be convened and cases raised with clear outcomes for the best interest of residents. RAG rating for all residents and develops profile of need for customer base.
- Complies with service standards; reviews casework promptly; responds to partners and develops trust with customers, local councillors and advocates. Scrutinises own monthly casework, activities and outcomes and displays this to management team and relevant partners. Escalates and prioritises high risks, safeguards, and abuse or potential public relations
- Payrate : £21.18 umbrella