Provide professional advice and guidance to employees and managers in relation to Human
Resources (HR) policies and procedures and identify solutions to any issues and challenges. Take
the lead on HR related projects as appropriate that enable the council to deliver its service
1. Provide advice to employees, Managers, Chief Officers and investigating officers in relation to employee relations cases to ensure that more complex Employee Relations (ER) matters are dealt with in accordance with policy and legislation to mitigate risk.
2. Provide specific casework advice and support in relation to absence management, disciplinary, grievance, performance capability, redundancy and redeployment.
3. Work with Managers, employees and Trade Unions to resolve individual/collective ER issues.
4. Support the ER Manager with the development of ER policy and the implementation of new policies and procedures.
5. Support the HR Business Partner to resolve ER issues
Support the HR Business Partner to deliver strategic Departmental HR priorities.
Provide advice and support Managers, in implementing and managing organisational change,
including restructures, job role design and redeployment of employees.
Support the Recruitment & Resourcing Manager with the development of recruitment and
resourcing policy and practice and ensure the operation of the process is effective, timely and
efficient to meets the Council’s needs.
Work with the Business Partner and managers to identify appropriate resourcing
requirements and implement the most effective solution to meet the business requirement.
Understand, interpret and provide advice and guidance on terms and conditions of
employment for Council staff.
Provide advice and guidance on pay and grading issues and undertake job evaluation.
PAYRATE: £26.10 umbrella