To directly support the service management team in the provision of Service Development, Improvement and Performance.
Main Areas of Responsibility
• Lead and manage change. Ensure that existing and new processes and procedures are understood and consistently applied by staff. Manage the review of systems and processes and develop resilient good practice guidance to support implementation across the service. Implement agreed organisational, system or process changes within teams that deliver identified and measurable business benefits. Manage the upgrade of management information systems and co-ordinate user access testing to ensure system functionality is maintained.
• Maintain a customer focus with a relentless pursuit of excellence, developing services that improve outcomes for the communities of Liverpool City Council.
• Develop and maintain partnerships within and outside the authority to support collaborative working and ensure collective integrity to support effective delivery.
• Communicate effectively. Give consistent and clear messages throughout the Council and with partners and provide clear direction based upon the directorate and council vision. Articulate technologies to a non-technical audience using appropriate communication and presentation skills to explain technical ideas in a way that nonexperts can understand.
• Engender a culture of continuous improvement and of excellence amongst staff and to manage physical resources ensuring effective service delivery and to make and justify requests for additional resources as appropriate
• To take a lead role in the delivery of / contribution to key projects and associated tasks as directed by Senior Managers
• Support Senior Managers with the compilation, analysis and evaluation of data for performance management purposes and assist in the development of action plans to inform service improvement. Develop effective monitoring systems for key activities and take appropriate action where necessary.
• Support Senior Managers with the management of the Quality Assurance Framework ensuring supporting the continuous cycle of audit which is utilised to inform continuous improvement across the service.
• To produce information and reports and other documentation as requested by Senior Managers which could be of a confidential nature and involve the exchange of confidential information.
• Actively contribute to the design and development of both computerised and manual filing, recording, storage and retrieval systems, ensuring compliance with all data protection legislation and the effective provision of information. Manage the development of appropriate system training for the service.
• Representing the department and Council at meetings with partner agencies, and contributing to and influencing changes to policy and procedure.
• Since confidential information is involved, the post-holder will be required to exercise discretion at all times and to observe relevant codes of practice and legislation in relation to data protection and personal information.
• Develop the City Council’s commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken
Pay rate: £28.44 per hour umbrella
Three to six months contract with view to extend or make permanent